Friday, February 3, 2012

Did Anybody Say .... Cookies???


How fantastic do these look?

I woke up this morning craving something sweet. It didn't matter what it was, I just wanted something sweet. Cake, cookies, ice cream... Anything! So, I was going to stop by Subway on my way home and grab a cookie, until I looked up the calories. Then I decided I would try to make my own cookies. I really wasn't feeling chocolate chip cookies, so I decided to try M&M cookies. I mean, you could add any candy to this cookie & it would still be great. When I buy Nestle cookies, I normally eat 3-4 (big cookies). I was full just having 1 big & 1 small cookie. SCORE! Anyway, here goes the recipe...

Ingredients:
1/3 cup light butter ( I used Blue Bonnet )
1/3 cup light brown sugar
8 Splenda Packets
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 egg
3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1&1/2 ( 1.5 ) tsp Baking Powder ( or 1/2 tsp Baking Soda )
1/8 tsp Salt
1/4 cup M&Ms ( 1small bag from the store is exactly 1/4th of a cup )

Preparation:
Set the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the ingredients together. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Now to the "good" stuff...

1 Big Cookie
Calories: 223
Carbs: 33
Fat: 8
Sugar: 20

1 Small Cookie
Calories: 112
Carbs: 17
Fat: 4
Sugar: 10

...Of course this isn't a snack you can have everyday, but everyone has a sweet tooth once in a while.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment